Russian strudel is one of my favourite recipes to cook. It tastes so delicious and cooking is super fast. This is definitely worth tasting it with a cup of cappuchino in the morning or a hot orange spice tea in the evening. Russian people also call this strudel a pie. The sweetness in the pie comes from the jam, so the pie is not too sweet and is just perfect. My husband said it is his favourite pie he has ever eaten.
- Russian strudel is a way to go when u don't have many ingredients, and it is so delicious and so easy to make. If you want to bake something unusual and something new, this pie is worth to try.
- 2 eggs
- Flour 4 cups
- butter 2 sticks
- vanilla extract couple drops
- baking powder 1 tsp
- half cup of sour cream
- jam 2 cups
- Melt the butter on the stove. Mix it with sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and sour cream.
- Slowly add flour. The batter divide into 2 portions and put one portion into freezer for 25 minutes. The take the cooking tray, spread butter and lay the other portion of the tray. Then add jam.
- Then finally take out of the freezer the other portion of the batter and grate it on top the jam. Cook in the oven for 25 minutes at 392 degrees.
Dont miss you opportunity and print this recipe, it is definitely worth it. Bake it, taste it and let me know what you think. I would love to see your creations on Facebook and Instagram. Hashtag ingascooking.com
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.