“Napoleon” Cake is good to bake for any occasion and it is really truly delicious. Either it is birthday party for your child or for adult, it could be Christmas celebration or New Years party, it tastes amazing. I wanted to add more recipes to my website so I thought I will start with the Napoleon. It is pretty common cake but everyone does it differently by adding or removing few ingredients here and there. Russian people mostly bake this cake from the scratch, other people buy the puff pastry in the store thus minimizing the time for preparing which is also smart. I love to do it both ways. You know who loves this cake the most? My husband, that’s for sure. Who wouldn’t? I think the picture speaks for itself.
Recipe type: Russian
- Cake Dough Layers:
- 1 stick butter
- 1 egg,
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 tbsps. flour,
- ⅓ tsp salt
- ⅓ tsp vanilla power
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 cups milk, 1 cup half in half
- ⅕ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 stick butter
- How to make Cake Dough Layers:
- Mix egg, sugar in a medium bowl.
- Add milk, flour to the mixture and whisk it very well, add vanilla powder. heat it up for 10 minutes. Let it cool. Chop the butter and mix it into the bowl.
- Preheat the oven 400 Degrees F
- Cut the pastry into the round circles and place each into a round cooking sheet.
- Bake each for 10 minutes or until brownish.
- How to make frosting:
- Add yolks and sugar together and mix it very well for 10 good minutes.
- Make milk warm and add it to the mixture.
- Then add 1 cup flour and heat it on the stove.
- After you are done with it, add butter and melt it in the mixture.
- Now take each layer of the already baked cake dough and pour the frosting on each layer. Repeated this process with each layer.
- How to decorate the cake:
- The last cake layers crumble it to the very small pieces or grate it. Add Orange and or grapes on to make it look even more delicious.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.