Classic Beet Salad
Classic Beets Salad can be made into one dish, or separate mini sandwthiches just like I presented in the picture. This is one of my absolutely favorite dishes because I love beets and I grew up in the country where beets are number 1 food. We make different kinds of dishes from beets because it is so common. In Russia we eat beets every other day. Why I like Beets? because it is vegetable and it doesn’t make you full and heavy.
Beets are very healthy in general. They contain lots of Vitamins such fiber, magnesium, phosphorus, Vitamin C, iron, Vitamin B6. There is so much more to add to that. If you google, you will find way more information.
- 1 herring
- 1 head of onion
- 2 sour apples
- 1 sweet red pepper
- 3 tbsps. of olive oil
- 1 tbsp. mustard
- cabbage leaves
- Bread Rye dark
- 1 carrot
- Cut herring into small pieces and put it into the bowl.
- Boil beets, carrot, eggs, potatoes.
- Cut into small pieces and put everything into the meat grinder.
- Cut pepper into pieces and add to the salad too.
- Add olive oil and mustard.
- Take leaves of cabbage, put it on the bread which has either butter on it or spinach dip if you like. Then put this salad into the cabbage leaves and decorate it with corn, and dill if you like. Very delicious. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.