Sorrel soup or “schavel soup” is so delicious especially in summer because it has that sour taste from sorrel, a rare green in the USA but very common among Russian people. It tastes super good and you can find sorrel at the russian stores. Sorrel just like any other green is rich in fiber and can definitely help with your digestion. The first time i tasted Sorrel soup was when i was 5 or so, I remember my grandma made it. I thought at that time there is nothing better than that. My husband awlays eats 2 to 3 plates at a time if i serve it as a main course. Try it and you will see how good it is.
Cuisine: ingas cuisine
Recipe type: Russian
- 1 bunch of sorrel "Schavel"
- 2 or 3 carrots
- 4 to 5 potatoes
- 2 eggs
- chicken stock
- green long onions
- 5 strips of chicken
- In to the boiling water add chicken by cutting it into small square pieces and boil for 15 minutes.
- Add, potatoes (cut in small triangles) and carrots (cut in small circles)
- Add greens (parsley, green onions) and boil for 10 minutes.
- In the end put sorrel and boil for 2 minutes.
- Make sure you put salt and pepper.
- Serving with a sour cream makes it even better.
- Soup is aboslutely amazing. I am going to eat it right now.
This deliciousness is better than anything to me right now. My daughter, she is 2 she cant stop eating it.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.